Doing what is best for students is our guiding principle. To this end, the Oakwood School community commits the resources, support, expertise and experiences needed for all students to achieve.
The Oakwood School community educates students to become ethical decision-makers who achieve their life goals, take responsible risks, and contribute to the greater good of the world. Graduates are prepared for their post-secondary pursuits, proud of their Oakwood education, and poised to lead and serve.
Learn More About Smith Elementary
- We follow the 3 R's: Be Respectful, Be Responsible and Build Relationships
- Spanish is offered to students in grades 1-6
- Total enrollment is approximately 400
- Smith is home to Oakwood Preschool
The Smith Elementary website is a great resource for families, students, staff and community. The website is updated frequently to provide the most current and accurate information possible.
Many question can be answered by visiting our Family Communication Hub. Here you will find links and resources to help on your family's educational journey at Smith Elementary.
Oakwood Schools partners with the Ohio Department of Education and the Ohio Department of Public Safety to provide an anonymous tip line that could prevent a school safety crisis. Trained professionals who can help answer calls and tips 24 hours a day to the tip line at 844-SaferOH (844-723-3764).
This tip line allows anyone to anonymously share information with school officials and law enforcement officials about safety threats.
Things to report to the tip line include (but are not limited to):
- Bullying incidents
- Withdrawn student behaviors
- Verbal or written threats observed toward students, faculty or schools
- Weapon/suspicious devices on or near school grounds
- Gang-related activities
- Unusual/suspicious behavior of students or staff
- Self-harm or suicidal sentiments
- Any other school safety-related concerns